2/02/2013

Cucina Aber


One of the best dishes that I even ate twice while at Cucina Deli in Salt Lake City, UT was their spaghetti pie.  Mmmmm mmmmm good.  Dean gave me the recipe verbally while at the deli one day and I decided it was time I give it a shot.  Now there were several substitutions that had to be made due to what we have in stock here at the condo, but all in all it turned out swell.  I was pretty worried that I'd end up with a pie plate full of loose spaghetti on my hands but the thing held up nicely.  I really think this will become a go to dinner dish for us.  

Boil up some spaghetti until it's just underdone and prepare the filling.  I chose to use spinach, onions, mushrooms, black and green olives, and ham.
Add the filling along with two beaten eggs to the prepared spaghetti and mix.
Place the whole concoction in a greased pie plate.  It looks a lot cooler if you use a spring form pan like Cucina Deli and display it as a stand alone pie. 
Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese, or in our case extra sharp white cheddar (that's all we had). 
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Top with pasta or marinara sauce.
Thank you Dean Pierose and Cucina Deli for the inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment